[clug] Looking for advice on wireless access point/wireless PCMCIA card

Stephen Peilschmidt stephen.peilschmidt at sfp.com.au
Sat Mar 6 07:54:21 GMT 2004

I would like to purchase a wireless access point to use at home.

What do people recommend? Is it worth getting an access point that has
802.1x compatibility for future integration with a Radius server?

I am also interested in wireless card suggestions for a Dell 8100 laptop
running Fedora core (currently).

Look forward to you opinions/advice. I am not overly constrained by budget
could spend $200 - $400 for both - but would prefer less.

Would the markets be the best place to buy this?