[clug] Satellite links

Adrian Blake A.Blake at physics.usyd.edu.au
Thu Mar 4 02:33:00 GMT 2004

I am using an Optus sat. link. 256K down and 128K up. There  is Cisco
router at this end and tunnelling is used between here and Sydney.

Without the router and tunnelling the the performance in ftp'ing data to
Sydney was good, but now using the router and tunnelling the upload rate
is about 3kbps. We are better off with a dial-up modem !

Any suggestions as to what is going on and how may the performance be
improved.

To date Optus have not been very helpful/knowledgable on the problem.

Adrian
--
Adrian Blake
Molonglo Radio Observatory