[clug] Reverse-proxy / clustering question

Adam adam at eschatologist.org
Wed Mar 3 23:39:28 GMT 2004

I'll just describe what I want first off.

I want a website split across two (or more) machines.

http://www.hostname.com/ to be served from machine 1
and
http://www.hostname.com/foo to be served from machine 2

So it's a question of course as to whether a reverse-proxy running on a
3rd machine can be configured to split URL requests in this manner.  I've
been looking at Squid, Apache, and LinuxVirtualServer and they look
promising but not certain.

So I'm just hoping that somebody on the list has done this before and can
tell me that X works well and it's just a matter of administering it.

Cheers,

Adam