[clug] Getting knoppix to boot

James McNeill j at jamesm.id.au
Wed Mar 3 22:20:50 GMT 2004

I've used knoppix on 100 mhz perntiums, 400 mhz celerons,  athlon
1800+s, 2.4 ghz p4s, mac g4s and just about everything else in between.

and it just works. Almost every time. Only on machines with little
memory you need to use the 'knoppix 2' boot paramiter to stop the GUI.

Only thing I would try is the C't eddition (Knoppix34-ct.iso) that
apparently has a 2.6 kernel.

HTH,
-James

PS. Thanks again for the Sparc Michael, it's made a great Debian
workstation :-)