[clug] java tools

McClure, Mike MikeMcClure at ap.spherion.com
Tue Mar 2 21:44:55 GMT 2004

From: Eyal Lebedinsky [mailto:eyal at eyal.emu.id.au]
> At work, we want to improve our java code. Sun jdk does not give enough
> warnings (like unused vars and what not).
>
> We want tools to inform us of bad programming, suspect code and
> evenplain unusuak constructs.

what IDE are you using?

we've found eclipse to be an excellent IDE, and it will also warn
you of such things - unused variables, methods, imports.

not only is it free and readily expandable with free or DIY plugins
but none of the commercial IDEs i've used come close in terms of
ease of use and functionality.

Mike McClure
Snr Consultant and Architect, Technology Solutions
Spherion Group Ltd

243 Northborne Avenue, Lyneham ACT 2602
Tel +61 2 6268-9999 Fax +61 2 6268-9777
mikemcclure at ap.spherion.com