[clug] [For Sale] Novell / IBM 1-day Linux Technical Workshop

Michael Still mikal at stillhq.com
Sun Jun 27 00:43:04 GMT 2004

Darren Freeman wrote:
> On Sat, 2004-06-26 at 21:31, Tomasz Ciolek wrote:
>
>>On thwe whole I do not expect the membership of this list to report this
>>person. But there may well be a zealous anti-spammer lurking somewhere.

> This discussion is definitely not encouraging future pro-Linux seminars
> to be offered to us, which is just plain silly since we are all supposed
> to be pro-Linux to some extent.

Absolutely. Especially when no one had a problem with the _same_
announcement being made at a CLUG meeting in person. Novell and IBM are
trying quite hard to be good Linux corporate citizens, and further our
interests, by getting more people to use _our_ chosen platform. That
presumably directly benefits us as individuals: more employment options,
more business to conduct, more software being written, more people to
have an intelligent conversation with over pizza.

The list has a stated advertising policy, despite the fact that I spoke
against that policy at the time it was introduced, I see no reason for
it to change now. If people don't want the advertising, they can filter
their CLUG mail, setup mailman not to send them that class of message,
or unsubscribe. The message was solicited.

I have a confession to make -- I suggested to Chris that people might
find the offer of interest on this list. I still think people do. I do
find it personally embarrassing that we're treating Chris in this manner.

Mikal

--

Michael Still (mikal at stillhq.com) | "All my life I've had one dream,
http://www.stillhq.com            |  to achieve my many goals"