[clug] [For Sale] Novell / IBM 1-day Linux Technical Workshop

Michael Still mikal at stillhq.com
Sat Jun 26 11:54:18 GMT 2004

Tomasz Ciolek wrote:

> That might be so, but... there is still the case that IF someone on this
> list takes offence to the message and reports it to the agency
> responsible for enforcement as a complaint, the agency is obliged to
> take action and an investigation of that sort is detrimental to the
> persons career. What the list members/management do is one thing. What
> the law says and means is another.

There is no breach, so the investigation is merely going to make the
complainant look foolish.

> My suggestion would be: if you know that there is a filter that list
> users can turn on, simply mention it at the bottom of the email. That is
> the best way to avoid problems.

Martin, perhaps the for sale tagging needs some help text on the list
subscribe page? I note that it currently says active members of the list
can post occassional for sales, perhaps that should be clarified to
include people who regularly attend meetings.

> On thwe whole I do not expect the membership of this list to report this
> person. But there may well be a zealous anti-spammer lurking somewhere.

As noted before, the advertised unsubscribe facility works, and
therefore this is not an issue.

Mikal

--

Michael Still (mikal at stillhq.com) | "All my life I've had one dream,