[clug] Australian Spam Act 2003

Kim Holburn kim.holburn at anu.edu.au
Sat Jun 26 12:08:56 GMT 2004

On 2004 Jun 26, , at 9:26 PM, Tomasz Ciolek wrote:

> I have a question for the list as a whole.
>
> Would it be useful if I made a presentation about current Anti Spam
> laws
> in Australia?

Is that a commercial solicitation then?  Coming from a member of a
government department/agency and concerning the work of the department?
  Are you then in breach of the law?

As for the answer, personally I would be interested.  Since this law is
having an affect and looks likely to have a greater affect in future on
legitimate businesses without affecting spam in the slightest.

Kim

--
Kim Holburn
IT Manager, Canberra Research Laboratory

                           -- Lloyd Biggle, Jr. Analog, Apr 1961