[clug] Re: OT: Gmail accounts

lucas luke.hamilton at gmail.com
Tue Jun 22 03:11:30 GMT 2004

On Tue, 22 Jun 2004 09:45:03 +1000, Martijn van Oosterhout
<kleptog at svana.org> wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 22, 2004 at 08:39:14AM +1000, Jeremy Hooke wrote:
> > Seems to beat any other web-based email system I've ever used. The
> > conversation feature especially is great for reading groups such as
> > clug, as every topic is in it's own thread.
>
> So it has threading.

This may answer your question:

https://gmail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=8259&topic=39

> > Archiving and then searching for mail sure beats keeping it organised,
> > too. It saves a lot of time.
>
> It can search a whole mailbox fast.

This too may help:

https://gmail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=6593&topic=41

> > The keyboard shortcuts have slowly grown on me, and I have started to
> > use them reguarly. I keep accidently pressing them on other websites
> > now, such as / to go straight to the search box of the page.
>
> It has shortcuts.

And again:
https://gmail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=6594&topic=36

> So basically it has the features that keep me using mutt. Certainly
> sounds interesting. I'd be curious to see how they do it so fast over
> HTTP though...
>
> --
> Martijn van Oosterhout   <kleptog at svana.org>   http://svana.org/kleptog/
> > Patent. n. Genius is 5% inspiration and 95% perspiration. A patent is a
> > tool for doing 5% of the work and then sitting around waiting for someone
> > else to do the other 95% so you can sue them.
>

> noname - 1K

Over all i think Gmail, is one of the best web-apps i have ever used,
and its free.

--
Luke Hamilton
luke.hamilton at gmail.com
0414822626 (+61 414822626)
Po Box 382, Civic Square Act 2608, AUSTRALIA

"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it." --unknown