[clug] Re: OT: Gmail accounts

Jeremy Hooke jeremy.hooke at gmail.com
Mon Jun 21 22:39:14 GMT 2004

Seems to beat any other web-based email system I've ever used. The
conversation feature especially is great for reading groups such as
clug, as every topic is in it's own thread.

Archiving and then searching for mail sure beats keeping it organised,
too. It saves a lot of time.

The keyboard shortcuts have slowly grown on me, and I have started to
use them reguarly. I keep accidently pressing them on other websites
now, such as / to go straight to the search box of the page.

As for downsides, it has stopped working a few times, shutting me out
for a little while. But being in beta, I guess google have an excuse -
and it hasn't happened very badly for a while now.

My first month with it I got basically no invites at all, then this
past week or two I've been getting 5 or 6 a day. Could that mean
google is planning to open it to the public very soon? Or are they
just trying to use the "It's invitation only" to keep people inviting
their friends and getting more people to use it?