[clug] XP and partitions

Brett Worth brett at worth.id.au
Tue Jun 1 03:59:20 GMT 2004

On Tue, 1 Jun 2004, Simon Burton wrote:

> Well, the linux install is already there. Also win98. So I'm wondering if I can put XP on it _post_ linux install.

My guess is that if you install it you'll endup with a machine that boots directly
into XP so make sure you've got a boot floppy or rescue CD for your Linux.

Once XP does its dirty work you just to a "setup" of grub again (See "info grub") to
rewrite the Master Boot Record with grubby goodness.

--
Brett

PGP: 1024R/27EB604F  22A9 A85A 22BD 496B 2443
                     35E5 46F7 0712 27EB 604F