[clug] opensourcelaw.biz

Rasjid Wilcox rasjidw at openminddev.net
Thu Jul 29 01:48:05 GMT 2004

Kim Holburn wrote:
> Anyone heard of this crowd opensourcelaw.biz?  Interesting article
> (link below).  Although any .biz site tends to make me very very wary,
> why is that?
>
> http://www.members.optushome.com.au/brendanscott/papers/
> oslfossitdeficit040728.pdf
>
> http://www.opensourcelaw.biz

I know Brendan from Uni days, and he is a good bloke.  He did a combined
Maths / Law degree at the ANU, and (IIRC) his honours thesis was
basically on how one can't meaningfully patent mathematical algorithms.

As far as I can tell, he gives free advice to Linux Australia and is
generally doing good stuff.  Others more involved with Linux Australia
could probably give more feedback as to his work with them.

Cheers,

Rasjid.