[clug] thunderbird speller

Basil Chupin blchupin at tpg.com.au
Tue Jul 27 15:27:31 GMT 2004

Eyal Lebedinsky wrote:

> I finally managed to install Mozilla Thunderbird on by Debian Stable.
> To my disappointement I found that the 'Spell" icon does nothing
> now.
>
> I fetched the package from http://backports.org/ because the official
> release depends on too-new packages (Debian stable is really old).
>
> Anyone knows what I need to do now?

Not running Debian, but the Spell is working fine here.

Did you select your Language? and I also found that to get the thing
started for the first time you need to click on Recheck Page after which
it works without any further prodding.

Cheers.

--
Douglass's Law: Clutter tends to expand to fill the space available for
its retention.