[clug] Wanted: Transcend Jetflash USB Key

Rob Weir rweir at ertius.org
Sun Jul 18 04:27:57 GMT 2004

On Thu, Jul 15, 2004 at 10:39:14PM +1000, Tomasz Ciolek said
>  one of the projects you might want to try is pam_ssh authentication
>  for a laptop. This way if the stick is out of a booted system, one
>  cannot log in.

Hm, yeah, but someone could still boot into single-user mode if they
know my password.  Or boot from a CD.  Or pull the drive.  I'm thinking
of using dmcrypt for /home in it's entirety, so even if the laptop is
lost, my data is still fairly safe...

-rob

--
Words of the day: Fortezza ASO Rand Corporation Syria VX NORAD airframe militia