[clug] [Off Topic} Nerdband Node Commissioned at Valentino's Cafe

Nerdvana - Stephen Walsh s.walsh at nerdvana.com.au
Tue Jul 20 07:18:33 GMT 2004

Hi folks

This is just a quick note to let everyone know that the permanent Nerdband
Node is now commissioned at Valentino's Cafe in Garema Court. A very quick
field test (the temperature put paid to a prolonged test on Sunday night)
got signal as far down as Bar Delis (low), Devlin's Chemist (good) and the
Chess Pit (good). You should be able to get signal down towards Starbucks,
but I can't really guarantee it until we've had the chance to run a full
field signal tests.

This new equipment should alleviate the majority of the issues we were
having there, as this was mainly due to over heating. (The temporary node
was opposite the pizza oven, so that caused stability issues). I'm hoping to
get Marco's upgraded over the next few weeks, it's just a case of the
equipment becoming available.

If you do have any connection issues, please feel free to get in contact
with me on 02 626 22 555.

Also, if you feel this announcement is not the sort that should be
distributed via CLUG, please email me *OFF LIST* and tell me of this fact.

Regards

Stephen Walsh
Nerdvana Systems Pty Ltd
Ph:02 626 22 555