[clug] CLUG meeting 22 July 2004

Darren Freeman daz111 at rsphysse.anu.edu.au
Mon Jul 19 05:16:04 GMT 2004

On Mon, 2004-07-19 at 11:56, Steven Hanley wrote:
> Bob Edwards just volunteered to do a virgin install of linux onto an
> unopened X Box (he bought it yesterday, he will open the packaging and
> install linux onto it in front of everyone.
>
> Is anyone keen to see this? (Bob will be doing it anyway, however he will do
> it at CLUG if people want to see it happen)

yeah baby!

I've been wanting a little media player box and I've been told that an
X-box is the cheapest way to go.

Considering that M$ lose money on it, I'm not really paying M$ for
anything. But I am still supporting the shop who sells the X-box. Hmmm,
moral conflict detected. Attempting to resolve... Please apply the
corporate greed patch and reboot.

> He also offered anyone who wants to bring their X Box along to have linux
> installed he can do them also.

I'll just watch.

> 	See You
> 	    Steve