[clug] slp-directory-agent in dhcpd.conf

Andrew Smith andrew at coolchilli.com
Fri Jul 16 05:26:00 GMT 2004

Afternoon all,

I'm trying to announce an slp agent using dhcp and am following
directions/syntax according to the man page.  Note the IPs have been
changed to protect the innocent, the production environment is a large
WAN with 2 agent servers (before I get any slp architecture advice :)

I have the following (extract shown) in my dhcpd.conf, yet dhcpd spits
the error below.  Google is not being my friend today.

Has anyone got this working?

Thanks
Andrew

dhcpd.conf
subnet 192.168.0.0 netmask 255.255.255.0 {
        option slp-directory-agent 1 192.168.0.4;
}

ERROUT
Internet Systems Consortium DHCP Server V3.0.1rc14
Copyright 2004 Internet Systems Consortium.
All rights reserved.
For info, please visit http://www.isc.org/sw/dhcp/
/etc/dhcpd.conf line 14: expecting identifier.
        option slp-directory-agent 1
               ^
Configuration file errors encountered -- exiting