[clug] Contract Position with Defence Available!!!

Simon Haddon simon at sibern.com.au
Wed Jul 14 14:35:25 GMT 2004

I think that all these replies to the original email are a bad  mark on
our mailing list.  We use to have a (implied) policy of just ignoring
emails that we didn't like resulting in just the 1 email.  Those people
that were interested could read it and the rest of us just delete it.
The original e mailer would end up just going away as their effort were
in vain.

Now I find that we are taking to consuming everyone's email box with
crap about the original email.  Far worse.  Irrelevant of whether the
job advert was badly placed on this list there was no need to all the
flaming that came after.

It took  me longer to deal with all the flames which gave me more "spam"
(if you classify the original email as spam) than the original.
Sheeze.  Are we turning into a bunch of  lawyers?

Simon.