[clug] Mailing list terms of use

Stephen Rothwell sfr at canb.auug.org.au
Tue Jul 13 08:07:03 GMT 2004

On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 17:09:21 +1000 Antti.Roppola at brs.gov.au wrote:

> Before we get another flame-war, I'd just like to point out that
> I went looking for the terms of use for the mailing list (to post
> here for everyone's edification) and wasn't able to find it
> anywhere obvious on the CLUG home page, or on the mailman page.
>
> I request that the agreed terms of use are located near obvious
> discovery points (such as the CLUG page and the mailman page), because
> there's no point in flaming people when they are probably genuinely
> unware that such terms exist.

I don't know what it said when you looked, but
http://lists.samba.org/mailman/listinfo/linux now says (among other things):

"Occasional advertisements of items for sale are permitted for active list
members. If you do not participate on the list, you are not allowed to
post advertisements."

Which I think is pretty clear ...

Lets not even think about the Spam Act ... or the fact that I (as "one of
the two main contact people for CLUG") received two copies of this mail
(including the Word Document attachment) less than 1 minute before it was
posted to the list.

--
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    sfr at canb.auug.org.au