[clug] Contract Position with Defence Available!!!

Peter Barker pbarker at barker.dropbear.id.au
Tue Jul 13 07:07:41 GMT 2004

On Tue, 13 Jul 2004, Joanna Cyran wrote:

> I am sorry that you feel this way, but this is a requirement on my job.

It is a requirement of your job to THOROUGHLY piss off an entire mailing
list full of people who may otherwise have entertained your offer?

> Highly skilled individuals like you are hard to find and sometimes user
> groups like this one are the only way we know to find you. I am not here

Yes, the chances are that somewhere on this list there is someone who
meets your job requirements. By the time this list gets through
roasting you they'll almost certainly be loathe to accept a job
offer.

You may not have realised that the policy on this list is that you mark
any and all commercial postings (and only a limitted subset of commercial
postings are allowed; at a guess, those that don't piss people off) MUST
be marked as "For Sale" or similar. This is a list policy, and it is YOUR
responsibility to check that policy on ANY list before posting to it.

I'm vaguely tempted to suggest we adopt a "limit number of consecutive
exclamation marks permitted in topics" policy, too.

> Joanna Cyran

Yours,
--
Peter Barker                          |   N    _--_|\ /---- Barham, Vic
Programmer,Sysadmin,Geek              | W + E /     /\