[clug] Wireless PCMCIA card recommendations

Alastair D'Silva alastair at newmillennium.net.au
Tue Jul 6 11:46:18 GMT 2004

On Mon, 2004-07-05 at 14:14, Brett Worth wrote:
> I have a Dell 5150 with an integrated Broadcom 4301 Wireless card.
> Broadcom dont support Linux (Even though Linux is used in many Wireless
> routers that have Broadcom chips. Isn't that rude! ).

I couldn't get the miniPCI Intel 2200BG in my laptop working with
FreeBSD's NDIS layer, so I removed it and gutted a DLink DWL-G520 to
replace it.

If you like, you can try the Intel in your machine (it seems people have
had success with it under Linux), and if it works, we can negotiate a
price.

Alternatively, you may want to consider tracking down a Revision A G520
to install - I've got some U-FL connectors available which you will
require to connect the internal antenna to the card (they ship with the
antenna soldered directly to the card).

--
Alastair D'Silva		mob: 0423 762 819
Networking Consultant		fax: 0433 141 032