[clug] Converting mailboxes to IMAP

Kim Holburn kim.holburn at anu.edu.au
Thu Jul 1 00:53:43 GMT 2004

One simple way and usually the best if you can do it is to use email
clients.  In this case get PCPine, set it up to read mail, work out
where it stores it's local mail and drop the mailbox into the place it
stores local mail (if it's windows we're talking about here you may
need to massage end of line from unix to pc(on unix: perl -pi.bak -e
's/\n/\r\n/g' mailbox).  Give the mbox a special name - like old-mail
or something, fire up PCPine and move all the mail to the new folders.

This method never has problems with formats because it is using the
server to do the work.

It's better if you use the old server to read the email into pine
first!!