[clug] Help getting the Lifeview FlyVideo 3000 working (in Linux)

Grahame Jordan gbj at theforce.com.au
Sat Jan 31 08:02:15 GMT 2004

Don't have the same card as yours but this may help.

I had trouble with mine starting up, had the wrong tuner.

You need something like this in /etc/modules.conf
Substitute the appropriate names and values

alias char-major-81 bttv
#alias          /dev/v4l                bttv
options bttv radio=1 bttv_debug=1 tuner=5 card=8 bttv_verbose=1
options tuner debug=1 type=5

Yes you need to patch in the audio

Run xawtv from the command line and try different settings with the modules.
You will best rmmod the modules each time you wnat to try a new setting.

Cheers

Grahame Jordan