[clug] Multi-homing

Dennis M. Gray d0325mgray at fareast.com.au
Wed Jan 28 01:30:03 GMT 2004

I've had several responses but I think you have the idea of what I
am trying to do.

1. The permanent dial-up on ppp0 is running services that I will
move to the ADSL. I will then discontinue the permanent dial-up.

2. I only want to run both interfaces at the same time because I am
in Canberra and the box is in Sydney. I want to SSH to the box on
the ppp0 and be able to configure and test the ADSL on eth0.

3. The source based routing solution sounds like what I am looking
for but I would need to upgrade to be able to do that. I do want
connections coming in on the dial-up to go out on the dial-up and
the same for the ADSL, like you said.

Thanks,

--
Dennis M. Gray