[clug] Multi-homing

James McNeill j at jamesm.id.au
Wed Jan 28 00:53:28 GMT 2004

>up the eth0 at the same time that the ppp0 is up, I can no longer

I'm not sure I understand.

1) Are you using ADSL *and* dialup at the same time?

Although ADSL goes through the eth0 interface, it still uses ppp (pppoe
actually). You will need to change one of your connections to use ppp1.
(although I thought that should happen automatically).

I don't know why you want to do this.

Or

2) you are using eth0 for something other than ADSL and the dialup is
disrupting that when active. That's probably a routing problem. Mayhap your
ppp script is changing the default route to ppp0. Make sure that whatever is
connected to eth0 is being routed correctly.

HTH
-James