[clug] Microsoft on BBC World

Anthony David adavid at adavid.com.au
Mon Jan 26 09:41:19 GMT 2004

Brett Worth <brett at worth.id.au> writes:

> I just heard Bill Gates described as "Internet Pioneer" on a BBC World news
> report.

Internet Pioneer? Bill Gate's 1st bio/vison book didn't even mention
the Internet. The Internet was a competitor to Microsoft (and Apple) at
the time. Grep through the RFCs and find when Microsoft first contributed
one. 1996 methinks. Hardly pioneering, merely loosely documented
a proprietary protocol.

> At the world economic forum he also outlined measures to combat spam
> including fining spammers.  So does this mean MicroSoft is going to be
> issuing fines now?
>
> I guess I just got fined by them recently for buying a Dell notebook
> that's only ever going to be running Linux.

Regards

Anthony