[clug] Cheap TiVos?

Peter Barker pbarker at barker.dropbear.id.au
Thu Jan 22 23:50:40 GMT 2004

On Fri, 23 Jan 2004, Darren Freeman wrote:

> I just got three takers in the space of half an hour!

If people are getting these things in from the states - is someone willing
to hold a "soldering-iron-and-desoldering-braid" session at which people
can be led through destroying their TiVo with clumsy hardware work?

Oh, not to mention "destroy your TiVo's software setup by installing
Linux" :)

I'll put my hand up for one.

> Darren

Peter Barker                          |   N    _--_|\ /---- Barham, Vic
Programmer,Sysadmin,Geek              | W + E /     /\
pbarker at barker.dropbear.id.au         |   S   \_,--?_*<-- Canberra
You need a bigger hammer.             |             v    [35S, 149E]
"They'll need a whole new Orwellian pseudo-crime-name for that... I
 suggest "digital molestation of kittens". -  Jeremi (14640) from Slashdot