[clug] Yet another De-lurk

Simon Fowler simon at himi.org
Thu Jan 22 06:32:18 GMT 2004

On Thu, Jan 22, 2004 at 05:21:10PM +1100, Jim Watson wrote:
> hmm, if i press "r" to reply mutt wants to send it off the list, there does
> not seem any way to reply to the list type the adress in, but it was not
> always like this, is it something in my setup or the list does this by
> design?

Generally, hitting 'r' will get you a direct reply to the sender,
and 'R' will reply to all recipients of the original (which includes
the mailing list). If you've configured mutt to know about the lists
you're subscribed to (which is a /very/ good thing - mutt /rocks/ as
a mailing list reader), you can hit 'L' to reply to the list.

If you haven't learned about customising mutt yet, google for
people's muttrc files. There are quite a few examples online, and
they tend to be well enough documented for you to start hacking on
them easily, and then from there the manual will take you as far as
you want to go . . . .

Simon

--
PGP public key Id 0x144A991C, or http://himi.org/stuff/himi.asc