[clug] Education options

Mark Harrison mark.harrison at velocitynet.com.au
Thu Jan 22 05:59:36 GMT 2004

Thanks All,
I have been learning Perl for a while and have just started on C, so I
guess I am not way off course there. I'll check out "The C Programming
Language" (Its "only" $105 in AU as well - not $150). I also have
started going through "Structure and Interpretation of Computer
Programs" (Abelson, Sussman and Sussman) from the MIT OpenCourseWare.

I guess unless Spherion can do a spectacular sales pitch, then I'm off
to TAFE. Michael suggested ANU, but I don't think I can convince my wife
(or myself, for that matter) that I need another 4 yeas of uni.

Mark.