[clug] Yet another De-lurk

James McNeill j at jamesm.id.au
Thu Jan 22 06:05:45 GMT 2004

I too had a girlfriend once. I took her to clug.

I still come to clug every month ... my ex-girlfriend and I don't speak
any more.

But seriously ... clug is all about a bunch of propellerheads, geeks,
nerds and anyone who cares getting together and talking about stuff that
makes other people flee in terror.
It doesn't matter how you look or if you drive a cool car or if you have
a girlfriend or whatever ... you will be accepted at clug as long as you
start every conversation with a HELO.

I have been known to refer to clug as my 'geek support group'. like we
start each meeting with 'my name is James McNeill and I'm a Linux geek'.

There is nothing wrong with lurking on the list, but if you reply to
people, please do it on the list; that's what it's there for.

If you want to meet boring normal people go to the RSL bingo night[1].
and you are that desperate for a low cost place to take a girl, I would
suggest the National art gallery.

Kindest regards,
-James McNeill

[1] no offense intended to any present bingo players. My grandmother
plays bingo and I love her very much.