[clug] DVD writer

Basil Chupin blchupin at tpg.com.au
Wed Jan 21 06:10:50 GMT 2004

Christopher Yeoh wrote:
> At 2004/1/19 23:36+1100  Basil Chupin writes:
>
>>The A06 is $205 at the Computer Fair (one coming up this coming Saturday
>>at the CIT Woden). So is the 106D model but one could get it from one
>>dealer for $199.
>>

> Thanks for all the responses! Looks like I'll be heading down to the
> computer fair this Saturday. btw for anyone else looking at DVD
> writers I found a review on Toms Hardware quite informative:
>
> http://www6.tomshardware.com/storage/20031027/index.html

Don't forget to also take some $$ along for the DVD disks :-) .

The +R disks are more expensive than the -R, and you will pay around
$1.50 each for the -R. (A friend of mine paid, *I think*, $58 for 50
(bulk) while I paid $15 for a 'pack' of 10 (not a good buy methinks, but
I was in a hurry). I don't know what the */-RW disks are worth (but the
Computer Market magazine is showing them at around $3.9 ea.).

Cheers.

--
Indecision is the key to flexibility.