[clug] nice.... but for memory?

Peter Barker pbarker at barker.dropbear.id.au
Wed Jan 21 07:01:41 GMT 2004

On Wed, 21 Jan 2004, Martin Pool wrote:

> > >          Is it possible to limit the amount of memory a program (and its
> > > child processes) are allowed to use? (is there a wrapper that can be used?)

> ulimit is applied per-process, not for a whole group.

Good as a clarification, but I assumed he meant "each individual process"
rather than limitting the sum of the memory usages of the group :)

I'm just glad nobody's brought up the matter of the "stupid comma" I put
in my reply :)

> Martin

Yours,
--
Peter Barker                          |   N    _--_|\ /---- Barham, Vic
Programmer,Sysadmin,Geek              | W + E /     /\