[clug] DVD writer

Basil Chupin blchupin at tpg.com.au
Tue Jan 20 08:07:45 GMT 2004

Paul Hampson wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 19, 2004 at 11:36:05PM +1100, Basil Chupin wrote:
>
>>The A06 is $205 at the Computer Fair (one coming up this coming Saturday
>>at the CIT Woden). So is the 106D model but one could get it from one
>>dealer for $199.
>

> What's the difference between the two? Is one just OEM?
> When I bought my Pioneer DVD-ROM a slight difference in
> model number indicated slot or tray load, but I can't
> imagine a DVD-burner with a slot-loading mechanism...

Both are OEM. However, what exactly is the difference between the two I
don't know.

There was also the 106 model, also for the same price.

Just to complete the picture, a Gigabyte is $185 and so was a NEC while
Lite-on vary around the $185 - $190 +/-; there were also some for around
the $260 mark but I don't recall the brand (?MSI).

If one wants to wait fro 2 weeks or so the faster Pioneer (8x write)
will be out but I cannot say what the price may be.

Cheers.

--
Indecision is the key to flexibility.