[clug] One of M$'s better diagnostics

Matthew Hawkins matt at mh.dropbear.id.au
Tue Jan 20 04:30:14 GMT 2004

Nigel Cunningham said:
> I was reinstalling XP on a friend's machine, and had no end of trouble
> trying to get it to reimport their Outlook Express mail... until I found
> a web page that told me the files I was trying to read from couldn't be
> read only (the error message said nothing close to that!).

I was reading something similar about Source(Un)Safe - the repository is
exported via SMB and all clients require full read-write access to the whole
schemozzle even if all they really "need" is read access.

That's dumb with a capital F'ed.  Of course, some open source hosting places
pull (or pulled) similar stunts so...

--
Matt