[clug] DVD writer

Neill Cox neill at ace-hosting.com.au
Mon Jan 19 11:20:03 GMT 2004

I'm in the process of purchasing a Pioneer A06 from www.secret.com.au in
Sydney.

I've done very limited research (ie I had a look at Tom's hardware).

A quick google turns up a post at
http://lists.debian.org/cdwrite/2003/cdwrite-200311/msg00145.html
claiming good linux compatibility.

Secret net sells the drive for $232.50 (plus shipping) in the OEM
version.  There are cheaper drives and there are faster drives, but this
one seemed the best bet to me.

I'm not quite sure when I'll get to try mine out, it arrives on Friday
and I'm off to the coast the same day.  If you want to wait I'll be
happy to provide a report on how it went when I get back.

Cheers,
Neill