[clug] TransAct ISP

Rohan Mitchell rohan.mitchell at linuxmail.org
Sat Jan 17 11:34:59 GMT 2004

Hi,
I've heard that you can get a static ip from velocity on request, but i'm on webone/iinet myself. Webone's tf(1.2/3/6) plans (http://www.webone.com.au/prices_transact.html) is shaped by priority, so you (theoretically) only notice slowdowns in busy periods. In practice, webone has enough bandwidth that i get my full 256kbps all the time. I'm not sure whether this holds for people on 512kbps connection though. In effect, you get unlimited downloads for $40/month.
The downside of all this is that iinet is based in perth, and has one of the longer on-hold times i've encountered. You will probably find velocity much more friendly and helpful.

Rohan