[clug] LCA2005 in Canberra?

Darren Freeman daz111 at rsphysse.anu.edu.au
Wed Jan 7 02:10:16 GMT 2004

On Wed, 2004-01-07 at 07:23, Michael Still wrote:
> On Tue, 6 Jan 2004, James McNeill wrote:
> <rant>
> Putting up your hand and saying you'll help, until it gets boring (not
> quoting anyone specifically) is _evil_. As someone who has been involved

If I'm included in the target of the rant then please be aware of the
light-hearted tone of my post.

In any event it's too early for anyone to be committing to anything, we
don't know what we are volunteering to do. But at least saying that
we're interested means that whoever decides to be the backbone of the
team will know who to pester later for a commitment.

If I am asked to do job X and I agree then it *will* be done. But if
people are just talking about who is interested in "helping" then it's
fair for people to non-commitally put their hands up. Helping could mean
arranging for catering to be available, it could also mean being a tour
guide. The effort required vaires, as does the day when most effort is
required.

But depending upon when and where, I would like to help.

> Mikal

Have fun,
Darren