[clug] OT: Looking for a Duron 900Mhz or Athlon 1Ghz

Ben ben at polkosity.cjb.net
Sun Jan 4 03:23:34 GMT 2004

Brett Worth wrote:

>Sorry about this off topic posting but I'm desperate.  My son bought a
>Volcano 9 fan/heatsink yesterday for his Gentoo box and managed to smoke
>his Duron after fitting it.  There was burnt bits on the CPU as though it
>shorted to the heatsink somehow.
>
>Does someone have a spare Duron 900 sitting around that I could buy?  His
>ASUS A7V motherboard will take a duron or athlon upto 1Ghz and these just
>cant be found anywhere.   E-Bay has one that closes in 7 days but with
>school holidays on at the moment he's gonna lose a lot of coding time if he
>has to wait that long.
>
>Can anyone help?

Hello,
I do have a duron 800 lying around, but it has some damage and I think
i'll keep it.  I can offer some advice that will certainly help you.  I
also have an asus A7V (no 133) , which does in fact run thouroughbred
B's.  Mine is a revision 1.02, and with a modern bios for it (1009 or
1010) i think, you can drop in a tbred b and the multipliers change.  Eg
my XP2400+ runs at 100 x 20, when the motherboard is set to the 12 ?? or
8.5 multi.  If you want more info about this feel free to email me.

Cheers,
Ben.