[clug] OT: Looking for a Duron 900Mhz or Athlon 1Ghz

Brett Worth brettw at cray.com
Sun Jan 4 02:37:48 GMT 2004

Sorry about this off topic posting but I'm desperate.  My son bought a
Volcano 9 fan/heatsink yesterday for his Gentoo box and managed to smoke
his Duron after fitting it.  There was burnt bits on the CPU as though it
shorted to the heatsink somehow.

Does someone have a spare Duron 900 sitting around that I could buy?  His
ASUS A7V motherboard will take a duron or athlon upto 1Ghz and these just
cant be found anywhere.   E-Bay has one that closes in 7 days but with
school holidays on at the moment he's gonna lose a lot of coding time if he
has to wait that long.

Can anyone help?

--
Brett

 Cray Australia.
 brettw at cray.com +61 2 6295 4023

PGP: 1024R/27EB604F  22A9 A85A 22BD 496B 2443
                     35E5 46F7 0712 27EB 604F