[clug] OpenGL game

Jepri jepri at webone.com.au
Sun Feb 29 15:02:45 GMT 2004

David Tulloh wrote:

> David Lloyd wrote:
>

>> How do they make the money to develop the game if they just give it
>> away?
>>
>> DSL
>>

> Unfortunately they aren't giving it away.  The download is merely the
> demo, to build hype and act as a public beta.  The full version will
> probably be tweaked slightly, have some bug fixes and more maps.

That makes it sound a bit weaker than it really is.  The demo is
actually the full game.  But it only has six maps to play in, and when
the full game is released the demo version won't work online anymore.

I doubt I'll manage to master all six of the maps before it hits the
shelves.

> It is good to see Activision continuing to support Linux.

They've definately got a lot better.  This is the first version I've
been able to run accelerated under Linux.