[clug] OpenGL game

Jepri jepri at webone.com.au
Sun Feb 29 12:26:44 GMT 2004

The 2004 version of Unreal Tournament is available for download - for Linux.

http://www.unrealtournament.com/ut2004/downloads.php

For those who down't follow such things, Unreal Tournament is an
architecture visualisation tool that takes  advantage of your cutting
edge 3D graphics card to display painstakingly designed buildings and
environments.

You can run around these buildings online with your friends, admiring
the architecture and, should the mood take you, redecorating the room
with enormous guns.

Even if you aren't into these games, it's worth the download :

1) Nice to see your expensive graphics card do more than render that
spinning gears screensaver
2) It encourages the games companies to keep writing Linux games
3) You get to spend hours tweaking your X-windows setup, and we all know
that's where the real fun is :)

The game comes as a pre-compiled binary tar.gz file.  I was very
pleasantly suprised to have it work "out of the box".  I unpacked it,
ran the script, and It Just Worked.

See you on the demo server