[clug] daemon instead?

caloy diaz caloykoy_one at pacific.net.ph
Thu Feb 26 22:00:44 GMT 2004

hi this is caloy again. one labmate of mine (who's already graduated, he's
really good at programming) suggested that i propose to my adviser that
instead of the device driver i write a daemon instead. like you, he too
doesn't see much use of writing the device driver. wriiting a daemon, he
said, would offer the same capabilities as the device driver would (the
daemon would also be running and waiting for input text files and commands)
and in addition to that, networking provisions will be realized (i.e. now
any PC can control the robot arm).

would you share the same opinion? also would you have any idea as to where i
could read on these or on how do i program a daemon?

i'm gonna meet with my adviser 3-4 hours from now, i hope he allows it.
prayers won't hurt at all :)

thanks very much guys.

caloy