[clug] Re: device driver problem "simplified"

caloy diaz caloykoy_one at pacific.net.ph
Thu Feb 26 08:42:44 GMT 2004

a good day sir martin. actually writing the device driver is more of
something that my adviser wants done for the laboratory. we do control the
robot arm using our code in C, however my adviser wants that this code be
"made" into a device driver such that with the device driver loaded and
running, all the user has to do is send text files (containing the commands)
to that driver and those commands would then go directly to the arm. while
this "implementation" might not appeal really as, i don't know, sensible,
it's what my adviser wants done for the lab, so for now what i can do is to
really  just comply to it.

i already have the C code to control the arm, for it to be "transformed"
into a device driver, how do i do that? i'm reading this linux device
drivers book by alessandro rubini
(http://www.xml.com/ldd/chapter/book/index.html) and there's a "template"
there for making a device driver, do i just follow those "essentials" and
then just paste the C code there?

thanks once again. apologies if the device driver project might not be as
sensible as it should be. God bless and a good day.

caloy