[clug] flame war peace process

Steven Hanley sjh at svana.org
Thu Feb 26 06:49:00 GMT 2004

On Thu, Feb 26, 2004 at 05:25:58PM +1100, Darren Freeman wrote:
> I would like to stress that this incident is *not* commercial in nature.
> It is a private transaction conducted through contacts made via CLUG,
> with drop-off points via CLUG. I don't know whether ANU cares but I
> suspect that they don't. Although if we keep debating it, maybe they
> will.

I was pretty much hapilly ignoring the stuff about new guidelines for the
list and problems with people posting for sale notices. I paid attention
enough to be able to tell someone what was said but had no real opinion
either way. I did however note Michael's statistics on posting/advertising
for sale items ratio.

Then I see the post today about some auction, no indication in the mail of
it being a joke (I did wonder about that as I was surprised anyone would
attempt an auction in this manner otherwise), thus I responded, keeping in
mind the ratio mentioned previously and the fact that ANU and DCS in
particular have been very generous to CLUG and linux over the past 12 years
or so. This would not exactly mesh with ANU or DCS very well I suspect.

Of course I am only one of 600 or so on the list, so take what I say with
some reservation. I would however like to ensure we can maintain use of the
venue.

	See You
	    Steve

--
sjh at wibble.net http://svana.org/sjh
You are subtle as a window pane standing in my view