[clug] Auction @ clug tonight.

Michael Still mikal at stillhq.com
Thu Feb 26 04:40:18 GMT 2004

On Thu, 26 Feb 2004, Telek, John wrote:

> Take a Joke..........

Hey, wait up a second and try to see this from Steven's perspective. ANU
donates a room, and has for many years. They're a very good venue
(ignoring parking). This is the first time in a very long time that
someone has unilaterally announced an auction, without even checking, and
made the venue uncomfortable.

Please indicate the syntactic sugar in your original post which implied it
was a joke.

People _give_away_ hardware all the time, and that's fine. Selling things
on ANU campus would need to involve the ANU -- it is private property
after all.

Increasingly grumpy,
Mikal

PS: On a personal front, this email happened because I don't like this
attitude being displayed towards Steven. He or Bob come to _every_
meeting, open up the room, and then hang around until we all leave to lock
up. Perhaps we should occassionally show some gratitude for their efforts.

PPS: Vote 1 free pizza for Steven and Bob tonight.

--

Michael Still (mikal at stillhq.com) | "All my life I've had one dream,
http://www.stillhq.com            |  to achieve my many goals"