[clug] Auction @ clug tonight.

Jepri jepri at webone.com.au
Thu Feb 26 04:03:49 GMT 2004

Steven Hanley wrote:

>On Thu, Feb 26, 2004 at 02:44:36PM +1100, Telek, John wrote:
>

>>I will have some stuff for free and some stuff to auction off.
>>
>>Bidding starts at $1. See you there.
>>
>>For auction will be a nice industrial PC. 450Mhz PII, 256M ram. Made by
>>ICS. 6 x isa and 6 x pci backplane.
>>I'll chuck in a nice IO card with it.
>>
>>OKI Laser printer. OKIPage 12i. Still with original toner. Postscript
>>installed. Good unix printer.
>>
>>Plus other stuff.
>>

>CLUG is not a commercial setting, especially the meeting, I think you may
>find we do not let you into the department if you intend to rock up and
>auction items on location at a clug meeting.

Well, maybe he can stand outside the door and auction loudly.  Would it
help if he auctioned it for beans instead of  cash?

I think perhaps you meant "the comp sci building" is not a commercial
setting.

>All a clug meeting is is a place to get together with other linux
>enthusiasts and listen to people, talk to people and eat pizza or something.
>If you wish to sell stuff in person find an auction house or something.

I would rather like to have a "swap meet" atmosphere going at CLUG.
Does that fit under "or something" or would you bar anyone carrying a
box of electronics?