[clug] FOR SALE: test message

Alex Satrapa grail at goldweb.com.au
Tue Feb 24 09:21:08 GMT 2004

On 24 Feb 2004, at 19:42, Simon Cousins wrote:

> Don't pay too much, Dave.  I can get you plenty of cheap Chinese
> knock-off
> test messages up here.  China's productive capacity for email is just
> amazing.

Just be careful about getting your test messages produced in China -
typical horror story I hear goes like this:

1) Company approaches Chinese manufacturer looking to have 100,000 test
messages manufactured
2) When finished, Chinese manufacturer brings Company rep to inspect
100,000 test messages, and then advises them that they have to buy the
other 300,000 for the same price, or have the market flooded with cheap
clones.

So that's where all your cheap knock-offs come from.

Can't wait till they try that trick on some OSS... buy 3 times as much
as you wanted at the same price, or have the market flooded with
knockoffs?  Sure!  Flood the market *please*... and I cancel my order
;)

Anyhow, enough of this spam, I'm sure Mr. Still is having more quality
time with his family and Christmas-light-Tux now that he can easily
filter out the junk messages (subject =~ /FOR SALE/ or sender =~
/grail\@goldweb/ ;)

Alex Satrapa                               LPO 5010
Mail Filter Cleaner             Canberra University
Mobile: +61 4 0770 5332            Bruce, ACT, 2617
ICQ:5691434                Jabber:Bunyip at jabber.com