[clug] Video Cards for Linux

Nemo -earth native- nemo at nut.house.cx
Tue Feb 24 04:38:07 GMT 2004

On Tue, Feb 24, 2004 at 03:28:38PM +1100, Simon Burton did utter:

> > If you have an AGP slot, I'll give you a GF4 440 MX for free, with TV
> > out.
> >
> >   John
> >

> Can I have one too ? Seriously, I'm after anything from a TNT2 or better.

I have an older GF2MX, no TV out - which I'm looking to convert to
something with nicer support under X...

On that front, what would clug folk recommend for cards that meet the
requirement of 'decent support' under linux/X11? (for values of 'decent
support' that I prefer to include 'hardware support good, 3d support not
too fussed since I don't game - though having my gl screensavers run
smooth would be nice, and out-of-the-(debian)-box drivers without having
to compile my own stuff...

Anything in the age of the last 3 years or so is kind of what I'm
thinking...

.../Nemo