[clug] 24" Sun LCD monitor for sale.

Michael Still mikal at stillhq.com
Tue Feb 24 01:38:32 GMT 2004

On Tue, 24 Feb 2004, Martin Pool wrote:

> On 24 Feb 2004, Michael Still <mikal at stillhq.com> wrote:
> > On Tue, 24 Feb 2004, Telek, John wrote:
> >
> > > I have a NEW, NO dead pixels, SUN Microsystems LCD
> > > Monitor for sale. I have all the original packing.
> >
> > Could you please stop spamming me?
>
> I don't think the list has a policy about whether for-sale ads are
> allowed or not.  Does anyone feel they should be disallowed?  At the
> very least they need to be marked in the subject.

I don't have a problem with occassional for sale postings, but John has
posted 7 messages that I would consider commercial in nature out of 31
total in the last four months. This year, the ratio is 7 out of 19
messages.

That's a significant percentage, given that I don't recall anyone else
pushing out that many commercial messages in recent times.

My concern is that the utility of the list is minimised if poeple think
that all we talk about is for sale notices. Perhaps we should just have
some sort of rate limiting policy (no more than two commercial posts per
person per unit year?).

Mikal

--

Michael Still (mikal at stillhq.com) | "All my life I've had one dream,