[clug] modifying serial.c

caloykoy_one at pacific.net.ph caloykoy_one at pacific.net.ph
Sun Feb 22 18:54:40 GMT 2004

a good day to all of you. i'm a student of the university of the
philippines currently doing
research on the Mitsubishi RV-M1 robot arm. i saw this group and i'm hoping
you guys could help
me out.

as part of my thesis i would have to write a device driver for the robot
arm. what it should do
is any text file (containing commands for example) sent to that device
driver should be
automatically directed to the robot arm. conventionally what we do is we
write a C program that
accesses the default serial driver, then we set the appropriate baud rate,
parity and stop bits
for the robot arm. all the commands we want to send to the robot arm will
be included in that C
program also. so there, as said, one aim of my thesis is to do away with
that C program and just
write a device driver specifically for the robot arm that will take care of
any command for the
arm sent to it.

i understand that somehow i just have to modify serial.c for this however
unfortunately i don't
know where to start. i'm really new at linux and programming so even if i
feel that my task is
relatively easy compared to others probably, i'm still in the dark as to
what to do.

i'm praying you guys could spare some time and kind of help me out. God
bless all of you guys.

sincerely,

caloy diaz